As an HVAC contractor in Grand Junction, CO that assists with many remodels, we know that spring and summer are often peak times for remodeling projects. The weather is nice, your schedule is a bit more flexible and you finally have the time and energy to invest in improving your home. Remodeling is an exciting prospect, but there are many different factors involved beyond aesthetics or even budget. Things like plumbing, appliances, scheduling and neighborly concerns all need to be considered. With that in mind, here are a few remodeling tips from your HVAC contractor in Grand Junction, CO:
- Remember plumbing: With all the excitement about new paint colors and countertop tiles, it can be easy to forget about the not so glamorous but still very necessary side of remodeling: your plumbing. If you plan on redoing your kitchen, bathroom or any other room with plumbing fixtures, you’ll need to make sure you hire a fully certified and experienced contractor to take on this part of the job.
- Buy efficient new units: If your remodel involves buying a new air conditioner, heater or other appliance, it is important to put some thought into your new purchase. Going for a highly efficient unit is good for the environment, good for your home’s resale value, good for your family’s year-round comfort and good for your wallet in the long run.
- Know your schedule: Scheduling might seem like a simple thing, but it is more likely to cause misunderstandings, resentment and confusion than any other factor in your remodel. Make sure you and your contractor have a solid understanding of the planned schedule, and ask that they be very communicative about any potential setbacks, so that you can plan accordingly.
- Communicate with your neighbors: Whatever sort of relationship you have with your neighbors before a remodel, understand that it can easily get strained due to the noise and inconvenience your construction project can cause for them. Communicating with your neighbors before and during the remodeling process will help to keep things positive, and can smooth over any potential feuds before they start.
- Treat your family: Going through a remodel, now matter how major or minor, can put stress on the entire family. If you’re able to, try taking your family on a vacation during the construction process, or at least plan plenty of fun family activities that will get you out of the house and help blow off some steam.
- Hire the best: If you do not have a remodeling and HVAC contractor in Grand Junction, CO who you can trust and rely on, then your remodel is not likely to be a positive experience. Look for contractors who are experienced, licensed and insured, and who are respected in the local community.
When the time comes to remodel your home, you need a plumbing and HVAC contractor in Grand Junction, CO that can deliver the best results, on time and within budget. Double Diamond Plumbing is happy to be that contractor. We cannot wait to hear from you!